dinsdag 17 mei 2011

The happiness of doing a good deed

Give from your heart

Ever got that feeling of joy and fulfillment when you did a good deed? I had a moment of that the other day, when helping an elderly lady find her way around the trainstation. When I walked towards the station I already saw her standing there, looking around and scanning the people passing by. Probably to pick out a 'decent' person before asking something. When I walked by, I politely smiled and said mornin'. Apparently she felt I was decent enough because she asked me how to buy a ticket to the next trainstation. My train wouldn't arrive the very minute so I helped her out. It just felt so good to help someone who is less familiar with these (in her eyes) modern machines to buy tickets. It's just a small thing, but I felt good about it. And I hope this lady felt good about it too and appreciated my help.

One of the greatest things any of us can do in life is reach out and do a good deed for another human being. Whether it means offering your love and compassion, or making a charitable donation of time, energy, or money, there are many ways to bring sunshine into the lives of others. It was here where I read about 21 ways to do a good deed. Nice ways in which little effort can (hopefully) mean a big deal to someone else.


Ciao!
Ixis


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten