woensdag 25 mei 2011

Cupcakes and buttercream topping!


I love cupcakes! They tast nice, smell nice and look lovely. Last Christmas I got this wonderful book about cupcakes from Janet Smith as a present. Until now I never got to actually making one of the creations which were in there, but now I decided it was about time I finally made one! So I did. I made my own creation as we were out of eggs, but here they are: my very first muffins with vanilla buttercream topping and some decoration on top. Read more for another delicious photo and a recipe!




I'm pretty proud on my topping. It looks really nice! Never thought I would succeed in making it this beautiful. I cheated a little bit, because these weren't actual cupcakes. As I said, we were out of eggs, so instead I made muffins from mix which only needed some water and an extra touch of chocolate for a nice variant. I don't know if muffins usually also have toppings, but mine do!
This topping is a buttercream vanilla variant and very simple to make. It fits with all sorts of pastry and can be coloured and flavoured in different ways. It took me about 10 minutes to make this topping for 12 muffins.

Ingredients:
- 100 g soft (unsalted) butter
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla-essence
- some milk (if necessary)

 
Just whisk the butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon to a creamy substance and sift the powdered sugar above the bowl. Stir the vanilla-essence through and add some milk of the mixture doesn't seem soft enough. If you want to add some colour you can do it in this stage. I added some lemonade for extra flavour and a bit more colour. Than your buttercream vanilla topping is ready to be put on your muffins or cupcakes. If you want to you can add some extra decorations. Bon appetit! I can really recommend the book 'cupcakes' from Janet Smith for many more delicious recipes!

 
Ciao!
Ixis


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten