vrijdag 18 januari 2013

One choice less

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about a job vacancy with fixed contract at my former employer. It was a vacancy in a different city in which the organization in also active. My ex-collegues even put in a good word for me and asked whether or not they would see me as an internal candidate for this job. Today I got a phone call regarding the application process. It turned out that the vacancy was already filled by another internal candidate who already has a fixed contract with the company. But they wanted to consider me for another vacancy if I was interested. But as it was a temporary contract for 3 days a week there are better options for me. It does suck a little bit that the chance of a fixed positions (in a company I really loved working in) slipped through my fingers. But to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to the driving distance each day. And would working there be the same as working where I worked? Well that no longer is of concern as I have one choice less.

Monday I am invited to an award event at my former company for a project I co-worked on (how nice of them to invite me!) So then I hope to be able to inform about my chances to return to the company.
If not I am going to accept the job offer that was done to me from this other organization. I know it is a luxury position and especially in this time of economic crisis. 

Ciao!
Ixis

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten