woensdag 8 februari 2012

Final student dinner


Yesterday I had a final, closing dinner with my former classmate and my former supervisors. As a thank you towards our supervisors for the guidance they gave us and the fun times we had jumping up and down their trampoline when we had a meeting at one of their homes. 

Looking back at the six months of master thesis it has been a wonderful journey. My classmate and I had such fun working on it, with of course the necessary stress moments. In the end we were just ready with it and wanted it to be done, but now a few months later I realize that is was such an inspiring period in my life!

In those six months we have learned so much. Both my classmate and I didn't have any research skills and those weren't taught to us at our previous study. So we both struggled to get a grasp on the statistics which brought a lot of frustration. Near the end we were almost experts in descriptive statistics though! 

We both graduated on august 31th, and formally received our masters degree on January 24th. So this dinner was a final closing moment for the four of us. I hope our supervisors enjoyed the master thesis period as much as I did. Now my days as a student are truly over and I have to accept my phase in life as an employee. You never know what the future will bring, but perhaps in my career I will make a detour and do some more scientific research again. My university study really brought into sight that I really like doing this.

Ciao!
Ixis

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten