zondag 9 oktober 2016

Lazy?



Ok, I am on a little rant here. But why are there differences in people to be active and do things (like household chores) and people who refuse to do it? And in my case, those two definitely don't work together (in a literal sense). 

I really like lazy weekends. Especially after a few busy weeks I can really look forward to doing absolutely nothing. But how much as I would love to do that, there is a voice in my head, (I like to call him responsibility) who is making me get up and do things. Like the laundry, cleaning the house, ironing, keeping track of household expenses, doing other finances al little bit of (also therapeutic) gardening and so on. 

But not everyone is like that. Some don't feel the responsibility as much as others. Maybe because they weren't raised that way? It is hard for me to believe that. I was always taught to 'work' first before I was able to 'play', no matter if it was with school, homework, doing chores or whatever. I used to be an athlete at gymnastics. I guess I also learned this 'work'  before ' play' attitude there. You have to be determined. You have to achieve your goals because no one else is going to do it for you. So this mentality is in my system. 

Thinking about a new life phase, things like these also matter to me. Differences don't have to be a problem. But if you cannot talk about them because the other party refuses to take it seriously (I am talking two ways here), what does that say about the future? 

So then I guess these (little) things help in realizing maybe I am not yet ready for a new life phase.

Ciao!
Ixis

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten