vrijdag 7 oktober 2016

Almost 1 year off of the birth control pill

It has been almost one year since I took my last birth control pill. It was October 22nd. Not to get pregnant, just to get my body functioning naturally again. It took 6,5 months before I got my first natural period. These 28 weeks sure had its effect on my body. I noticed pimples on my face, first some weight loss (probably water), my mood changed a bit, my libido changed a bit and my hair started to shed... A lot. 

I have been using Minoxidil and a pillfood supplement for about 3 months now. The pillfood helps strengthening my hair and nails. I do notice a lot of difference in my nails. They are much stronger and seem to grow faster. My hair not so much. Thankfully the seemingly allergic reaction stopped and didn't come back. But then, your hair doesn't grow as quickly as your nails. So I want to try the minoxidil for at least 6 months. I do seem to notice a little bit of effect the last few weeks. It seems like my hairs that ar still on my head seem to be growing again. I do not spot any new hairs yet. But we remain hopeful. Researching the internet does connect quitting the birtcontrol pill and hair loss. Apparently also estrogen is an important component. And since quitting the bird control pill and not having an ovulation for 6 months, sure gave my body a great drop in estrogen. So hopefully my hormonal balance will restore itself. 

On the positive side my menstrual cycle has been quite regular ever since the natural cycle came back. not taking the first 6,5 months into account I've had 5 periods the other 5 months and expecting my next one next week. So quite happy with that!

Ciao!
Ixis

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten