maandag 8 februari 2016

75 days no period

It has been 75 days since my last period. Or actually my withdraw bleeding. Haven't had a normal period since I quit birth control. I did ask my doctor about it several weeks ago. I visited him for a spot on my back and while I was there I asked him about the cycle and when I should get worried. 
He explained to me that nature decides when I will get my period again and I should definitely take 6 months to a year into account. 

So, October 22nd I took my last birth control pill. Since I quit I did experience some changes:
  • More pimples on my face after 3 or 4 weeks
  • I did experience some emotional changes, but only in the beginning. I felt a little bit more down and confused. Like my hormones were a bit confused themselves
  • My hair just felt thinner and thinner.
  • I lost weight. Perhaps I don't retain that much fluid anymore
  • After about 2 months my skin went back to being reasonably normal. I still have some pimples now and then, nut I also eat chocolate and stuff, so that might as well be the cause.

Sometimes I do feel some cramping it seems like. But until now, no period. It has only been a little over 3 months, so I have to be patient. It is a good thing I didn't quit birth control because we are trying for a baby right away. I think I am glad I quit now. Because if I did quit because I wanted to get pregnant, and it would take a long time to have my period again it would be quite stressful.

It is a bit stressful now too. Just because I am curious if I still function properly. But according to my doctor I should definitely give it some time. And then again. My boyfriend and I are planning to have some nice holiday trips. Thinking about Canada this year and maybe West-USA next year. And maybe then we would like to start a family. By then I will be 29/30, so a nice age in my opinion. 

Ciao!
Isis

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten